What Is HACCP Certification
The Hazard Analysis vital control Points (HACCP) may be vital to your compliance with national or international food safety legislation. It provides a risk based mostly approach that supports alternative management systems standards across the food business – like ISO 22000 Food Safety Management. HACCP outlines smart producing processes for all food sectors and may be key to your business once collaborating in international trade. it’s particularly appropriate for primary producers, makers, processors and food service operators.
An HACCP system permits you to spot hazards and place in situ controls to manage these throughout your provide chain throughout production. The theme meets the wants of the Codex Alimentarius Commission (CAC) – established by the planet Health Organization and therefore the Food and Agriculture Organization of the international organisation to assemble international food standards, pointers and codes of follow to confirm truthful trade. It may be wont to support necessities|the wants|the necessities} of management customary requirements, like ISO 22000 Food Safety Management.
How It Can Help
- Saves business money in the long run
- Avoids poisoning customers
- Food safety standards increase
- Ensures you are compliant with the law
- Food quality standards increase
- Organises your process to produce safe food
- Organises your staff promoting teamwork and efficiency
- Due diligence defence in court.
Who should take Certification?
All the businesses involved in the food supply chain from producers to retailers can use Enterprises include, but are not restricted to, those linked with:
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Meat & Meat Products
- Dairy Products
- Spices & Condiments
- Fish & Fishery Products
- Nuts & Nut Products
- Bakery & Confectionary
- Fast Food Operations etc.
Why is Certification Necessary?
- Conduct Hazard Analysis of the biological, chemical or physical food of hazards
- Determine the critical control points
- Establish the critical control limits. for example, the minimum cooking temperature and time
- Establish the system to monitor and control of the Critical Control Points
- Establish the corrective actions
- Establish the procedure for verification and to confirm that the HACCP system is working good and effectively
- Establish the documentation and record keeping
How to get ISO Certification
We make the HACCP certification process easy and simple. After we have received your application we appoint a client manager who will guide you and your business through the following steps
- Gap analysis
This is an optional pre-assessment service where we take a closer look at your existing food safety management system and compare it with requirements. This helps identify areas that need more work before we carry out a formal assessment, saving you time and money.
- Formal assessment
This happens in two stages. First we review your organisation’s preparedness for assessment by checking if the necessary HACCP procedures and controls have been developed. We will share the details of our findings with you so that if we find gaps, you can close them. If all the requirements are in place, we will then assess the implementation of the procedures and controls within your organisation to make sure that they are working effectively as required for certification.
- Certification and beyond
When you have passed formal assessment you will receive an HACCP certificate, which is valid for three years. Your client manager will stay in touch during this time, paying you regular visits to make sure your system doesn’t just remain compliant, but that it continually improves.