ExpertCertifier is a channel for business and process excellence, your business and process excellence is guaranteed through ISO certification with ExpertCertifier in USA .
Up your sales results , talk to our Expert Certifier masters who are available for you to coach and on how to get your business and process certified with ISO 13485, ISO 14001, ISO 45001,ISO 22000,ISO 27001,ISO 20000-1 and HACCP.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 certification in USA is the international standard that specifies an Environmental Management System framework against which a corporation is often certified by a 3rd party. ISO 14001 is taken into account the inspiration document of the whole ISO 14000 series. ISO 14001 can also be used as a guide to upgrade your company’s present environmental management system in accordance with an internationally recognized set of requirements.
The procedures and elements of the ISO 14001 are supported sound environmental management principles. It contains only those requirements which will be objectively audited, and addresses the elemental aspects of a company’s operations
Environmental Management System:
Of all the standards within the ISO 14000 series, ISO 14001 in USA is the standard that specifies the wants for an organization’s EMS. The Environmental Management System document is the central document controlling the interaction of the core elements within the organization, and provides a third-party auditor with the key information necessary to know the environmental management systems in place . It’s a “tool” that permits a corporation of any size or type to regulate the impact of its activities, products or services on the environment. As within the case of ISO 9001, the key to a successful ISO 14001 EMS has documented procedures that are implemented and maintained in order that they describe environmental goals. ISO 14001 standards in USA require sites to document and make an Environmental Policy available to the general public. Additionally, procedures should be established for endless review of the environmental aspects and therefore the impacts of products, activities, and services. Management review process must be in site to make sure top management’s involvement within the assessment of EMS.
According to ISO 14001 certification, there are six key elements of an EMS:
- Environmental policy – the organization states its intentions and commitment to environmental performance.
- Planning – the organization analyzes the environmental impact of its operations.
- Implementation and operation – the event and execution of processes to understand environmental goals and objectives.
- Checking and corrective action – monitoring and measurement of environmental indicators to make sure that goals and objectives are met.
- Management review – review of the EMS by the organization’s top management to make sure its continuing suitability, adequacy and effectiveness.
- Continual improvement – An EMS enables a corporation to regulate the environmental impact of its activities, products and services by establishing targets and objectives associated with identified environmental management goals.
ISO 14001 Registrations:
Once a corporation has implemented an ISO 14001 EMS, it can either self-certify that it meets the wants of the quality, or have an external party that meet the standard’s requirements. This is often mentioned as ISO 14001 registration. There are certain advantages related to third-party registration. External registration is more credible to customers and regulatory agencies.
There are five steps resulting in ISO 14001 certification registrations:
1. Gap Analysis
This is the review of the corporate’s existing program to work out the changes the company must initiate so as to evolve its environmental management system to ISO 14001 requirements.
2. Initial Implementation
Implementation of an ISO 14001 EMS in America requires a corporation to:
*Develop an implementation strategy (including selecting a registrar if the corporate goes to the third-party registration).
*Update or redesign documentation (written policies, programs, procedures, forms) in order that they align with ISO specifications.
*Train personnel and communicate with other parties as required to implement the revised EMS, and
Develop measuring, corrective action; internal audit and management review procedures (if not already in place).
*Pre-Registration Internal Audits
The selected registrar performs an EMS registration audit to check for conformance of the company’s EMS to the needs laid out in ISO 14001.
Possible EMS implementation Benefits
A properly designed EMS allows efficient identification of opportunities for cost savings. It can trigger procedural and/or technological changes that reduce the entire cost of a product or improve its value. a number of the advantages of implementing an Environmental Management System in accordance with the ISO 14000 standards in USA include:
- Efficiency, discipline and operational integration with ISO 9000.
- Greater employee involvement in business operations with a more motivated workforce.
- Easier to get operational permits and authorizations.
- Assists in developing and transferring technology within the corporate.
- Helps reduce pollution.
- Fewer operating costs.
- Savings from safer workplace conditions.
- Reduction of costs related to emissions, discharges, waste handling, transport & disposal.
- Improvements within the product as a result of process changes.
- Safer products.
- Minimizes hazardous and non-hazardous waste.
- Conserves natural resources–electricity, gas, space and water with resultant cost savings.
- Prevents pollution and reduces wastage.
- Demonstrates to customers that the firm has met environmental expectations.
- Meets potential national and international government purchasing requirements.
- Delivers profits from marketing “green” products.
- Provides a competitive marketing tool.
- Improves international competitiveness
ISO 14001 Certification Benefits:
- ISO certification in USA will enhance the power to supply the written documentation necessary to demonstrate compliance with regulations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to governmental authorities that the firm is moving beyond compliance and pursuing continual improvement.
- Reduces monitoring and reporting requirements.
- Negates “conflict of interest” claims related to organizations that “self-declare” the status of their programs.
- Validates the integrity of an organization’s claims.
- Provides organizations with an un-biased review of their programs, policies, etc
- Addresses the need to compete in international markets.
- Demonstrates the company’s environmental responsibility to shareholder groups.
How to get ISO 14001:2015 certification in USA – Consultants in USA?
Our masters have more than 15 plus years of global experience, with hands-on experience in the field of ISO certification, assessment and training.
With Expert Certifier your Business and process excellence is very well guaranteed.
For more information, reach us at: contact@ExpertCertifier.com