“Expert certifier is a catalyst for business and process excellence, your business and process excellence is guaranteed through ISO certification with Expert certifier in Kenya”
Up your business, talk to our Expert certifier masters who are available for you to coach and on how to get your business and process certified with ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 45001,ISO 22000,ISO 27001,ISO 20000-1 and HACCP.
What is ISO 17025?
ISO 17025 certification in Kenya is the global quality standard for testing and calibration laboratories. The present release was published in 2005.
There are two main clauses in 17025 – Management Requirements and Technical Requirements. Management requirements are associated with the operation and effectiveness of the standard management system within the laboratory, and this clause has requirements almost like ISO 9001. Technical requirements address the competence of staff; testing methodology; equipment and quality; and reporting of test and calibration results.
IMPLEMENTATION OF ISO 17025
Implementing ISO 17025 has benefits for laboratories, but the work and costs involved should even be considered before proceeding.
Main Benefits of Correctly Implemented ISO 17025:
Implementing ISO 17025 as a part of laboratory quality initiatives provides benefits for both, laboratory and business, such as:
- Having access to more contracts for testing and/or calibration. Some public and personal organizations only give contracts to accredited laboratories. Accreditation also will help in getting more contracts from organizations that don’t mandate accreditation, but do give preference to accredited laboratories in competitive situations.
- Improved national and global reputation and image of the laboratory.
- Continually improving data quality and effectiveness of the laboratory.
- Having a basis for many other quality systems associated with laboratories, like Good Manufacturing Practices and Good Laboratory Practices.
Analytical testing laboratories seeking ISO 17025 are going to be affected in multiple areas. The most difference between good analytical practices and formal accreditation is that the amount of documentation to be developed. There’s little question that any good analytical laboratory uses qualified analysts, checks the performance of kit used for testing, and validates analytical methods. However, repeatedly the result of the tests isn’t fully documented. ISO 17025 accreditation requires formal documented environment – ‘what isn’t documented may be a rumor,’ and is viewed by assessors as ‘not being done.’
ISO 17025 – Laboratory Quality System
The ISO 17025 (1) is often used as a typical to develop and establish a top quality system for a laboratory, and also for assessment by laboratory clients or third parties. The quality also can be used as a criterion for laboratory accreditation. Working consistent with global standards is particularly important for laboratories to make sure validity and global comparability of test & calibration results. One among the goals of using global standards is to scale back the amount of tests required in national and international trading.
The first edition of the “International Standard General Requirements for the Competence of Testing and Calibration Laboratories” was produced as a result of extensive experience in implementing ISO Guide 25 and EN 45001; it replaced these earlier standards in 1999. This new standard contains all the wants that testing and calibration laboratories need to meet if they want to demonstrate that they operate a management system, are technically competent, and are ready to generate technically valid results.
Management requirements within the first edition ask ISO 9001:1994 and ISO 9002:1994. These standards are superseded by ISO 9001:2000, which made an update of ISO 17025. Within the second edition of ISO 17025, released in 2005, clauses were amended or added and needed within the light of ISO 9001:2000.
Testing and calibration laboratories that suits ISO 17025 will, therefore, also operate in accordance with ISO 9001.
Accreditation bodies that recognize the competence of testing and calibration laboratories use ISO 17025 because the basis for his or her accreditation.
With a team of highly qualified consultants and trainers having vast industrial experience, Expert Certifier partners organizations across the planet to implement and achieve ISO 17025 certification. Our consultation approach is very professional, time bound and effective leading to simple implementation and adds value to the business processes of the client organization. If you’re willing to require the challenge of obtaining an ISO 17025 certification, our experts will ensure a qualitative experience where your needs are going to be met, and you’ll become a part of our global network family.
Lab accreditation recognizes a lab’s technical capability and is typically specific for tests of the systems, products, components, or materials that the lab claims proficiency. Accreditation allows a lab to work out whether it’s performing its work correctly and consistent with appropriate standards. This doesn’t guarantee that a given analytical result’s are correct, but it does establish standards that has got to met and a framework approach to detect nonconformities once they occur. Good labs will have defensible results, but accreditation means the results are defensible to a recognized standard that doesn’t change when lab personnel or circumstances change.
Benefits of ISO 17025:2107 Certification
Formal recognition of competence of a laboratory by an Accreditation body in accordance with international criteria has many advantages:
- Potential increase in business because of enhanced customer confidence and satisfaction.
- Savings in terms of some time and money because of reduction or elimination of the need for re-testing of products.
- Better control of laboratory operations and feedback to laboratories on whether or not they need sound Quality Assurance System and are technically competent.
- Increase of confidence in Testing / Calibration data and personnel performing work.
- Customers can search and identify the laboratories accredited by NABL for his or her specific requirements from the Directory of Accredited Laboratories.
- Users of accredited laboratories will enjoy greater access for his or her products, in both domestic and international markets, when tested by accredited laboratories.
What are the advantages of being ISO 17025 accredited laboratory?
- Building Trust
- International Recognition
- Minimizes Risk
- Reduce Costs
- Demonstrate credibility
How to get ISO 17025:2017 certification – consultation in Kenya?
Our masters have more than 10 plus years of global experience, with hands-on experience in the field of ISO certification, assessment and training.
With Expert certifier you’re Business and process excellence is guaranteed.
Reach us at: contact@Expertcertifier .com