ISO 22000 Certification
ISO 22000 Certification and FSSC 22000 are Food Safety Management Systems Certification Schemes that provide assurance to your customers that you have implemented an effective food safety plan and management system?
They are growing rapidly in popularity, and more and more large retailers and manufacturers expect their customers to achieve certification to help prevent illness and costly, damaging recalls of products.
What is ISO 22000 Certification?
ISO 22000 Certification is a Food Safety Management System that can be applied to any organization in the food chain, farm to fork. Becoming certified to ISO 22000 Certification allows a company to show their customers that they have a food safety management system in place.
What is the meaning of ISO 22000 2005?
ISO 22000:2005 specifies requirements for a food safety management system where an organization in the food chain needs to demonstrate its ability to control food safety hazards in order to ensure that food is safe at the time of human consumption.
What does FSSC 22000 stand for?
FSSC 22000 is a certification scheme for food manufacturers and is owned by the Foundation of Food Safety Certification. It includes the following requirements: Food Safety Management System, in accordance with ISO 22000 Certification.
Why is ISO 22000 Certification important?
Food safety requirements. Because much of HACCP was included in ISO 22000 Certification, its important to understand a little bit of what HACCP is. HACCP could be defined as the system used to formally identify, evaluate, and control hazards that are significant to food safety.
What is Fsms?
FSMS means the adoption of GMP, GHP, HACCP and other such practices to be followed by FBOs to ensure food safety. Food Safety Management System (FSMS) cannot be separated from Food Safety because food safety is the reason that there is an FSMS programme.
What does iso 22000 require?
ISO 22000 requires that you build a Food Safety Management System. This means that you will have a documented system in place and fully implemented throughout your facility that includes:
- Having an overall Food Safety Policy for your organization, developed by top management.
- Setting objectives that will drive your companies efforts to comply with this policy.
- Planning and designing a management system and documenting the system.
- Maintaining records of the performance of the system.
- Establishing a group of qualified individuals to make up a Food Safety Team.
- Defining communication procedures to ensure effective communication with important contacts outside the company (regulatory, customers, suppliers and others) and for effective internal communication.
- Having an emergency plan.
- Holding management review meeting to evaluate the performance of the FSMS.
- Providing adequate resources for the effective operation of the FSMS including appropriately trained and qualified personnel, sufficient infrastructure and appropriate work environment to ensure food safety.
- Implementing Prerequisite Programs.
- Following HACCP
- Establishing a traceability system for identification of the product.
- Establishing a corrective action system and control of the nonconforming product.
- Maintaining a documented procedure for handling withdrawal of product.
- Controlling monitoring and measuring devices.
- Establishing and maintaining an internal audit program.
- Continually updating and improving the FSMS.
- Read about these requirements in more detail an at ISO 22000 Explained
The Certification Procedure is a multiple-step process. The certification cycle is described briefly:
- Application for certification from client
- The offer from IRQS India
- Offer acceptance from client and order confirmation by IRQS India
- Pre-audit (optional)
- Certification audit – (Stage 1 + Stage 2)
- The issue of a certificate on successful completion of the certification audit
- Surveillance audits at the defined period
- Recertification audit after 3 years
Our advice, go for it!!!
If you are looking or thinking on how to get ISO 22000 certification in India you can reach out to us. You can partner with us on consulting the standard requirement. We help our customers to consult free of cost. You can reach out to us at or write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org with your entire certification requirement. Also, you can feel free to visit our official website at www.expertcertifier.com and provide your contact details so that one of our Consulting experts can contact you in order to understand more about your process so that we can perform a free gap analysis. We are available 24/7 for all of our customers.