“Expert Certifier is a catalyst for business and process excellence, your business and process excellence is guaranteed through ISO certification with Expert Certifier in Kenya “
What is ISO 45001?
ISO 45001 certification in Kenya is a newly developed international standard, which outlines the wants for occupational health and safety. Additionally, ISO 45001 aims to determine a secure working environment and continual improvement of occupational health and safety performance. ISO 45001 will replace OHSAS 18001 and can become subsequent “to go” standard for occupational health and safety.
Is ISO 45001 certification right for me?
If you’ve got certification to OHSAS 18001 you’ll get to migrate to ISO 45001 to take care of the validity of certification. ISO 45001 is true if you and your organization got to demonstrate a commitment in managing the security of workers and interested parties. If you’ve got already implemented a top quality or environmental management system aligned with the new Annex SL structure ISO 45001 are often integrated smoothly.
Organizations that implement ISO 45001 need:
- defined objectives for improvement, with measurable results
- A structured approach to risk assessment and reduction
Health & safety management failures, performance and therefore the review of policies and objectives should be regularly monitored to make sure improvements and business benefits are realized and prioritized accordingly.
Implementation of ISO 45001 Certification
Executing an administration framework which meets the necessities of the quality can push your business to:
- Give lucidity on ISO 45001 management system issues
- Improve initiative association and laborer investment within the OH&S framework
- Execute hazard based speculation for the ISO 45001 administration framework even as for OH&S dangers
- Coordinate the OH&S the executives framework into your business frameworks and procedures
Our audit process for ISO 45001:2018 management systems certification provides structure for implementing occupational health and safety (OH&S) objectives that:
- Improve both worker and customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate corporate responsibility
- Meet supply chain requirements
- Protect your reputation
- Potentially increase business opportunities
Reducing long- and short-term social and economic costs related to health issues and lost work days creates effective business continuity. By establishing planned monitoring, measurement and control measures in line with ISO 45001 you:
- Improve risk management
- Make hazards more clearly identifiable
- Mitigate potential risks
- Maintain your safety record
- Key Success Factors
Adopting the internationally-recognized framework of ISO 45001 helps ensure a safe and healthy workplace no matter business type, size, activities or locations. Reaching these goals depends on:
- Leadership that promotes OH&S
- Ongoing commitment throughout your entire organization
- All organizational levels participating in identifying OH&S hazards and risks
- Integration of OH&S management systems into your business practices
Over 370 million accidents occur on the work annually. And 2.78 million people die annually thanks to work-related activities. ISO 45001 certification in Kenya works together with your management system to implement forward-thinking safety initiatives.
In some sectors and industries, independent third-party certification may be a legal or contractual requirement. Having a registered certificate also establishes credibility while demonstrating your processes meet customer and consumer expectations.
Certifications are valid for 3 years and achieved in two stages.
Stage one determines how ready your organization is for certification. What we do is:
- Review documents about your organization’s processes and management
- Perform an on-site inspection of procedures
- Report potential nonconformities (areas which may not meet standards)
Stage two is when our auditors return and do a comprehensive review of your quality management system. This is often where we:
- Confirm the effectiveness of your system
- Provide feedback about nonconformities
- Verify all standards are met
After an independent review confirms our decision, we:
- Issue a certificate saying you’ve met all ISO 45001 requirements
- Perform semiannual or annual surveillance audits to make sure the system is maintenance.
KEY FEATURES OF THE ISO 45001 STANDARD
Although ISO 45001 constitutes a totally new standard, its foundations exist already and are formulated.
ISO 45001 implements the ‘high level structure’, giving it a standard framework with other management systems, like ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. ISO 45001 explicitly includes persons who aren’t permanently employed, but are in other ways working under the responsibility of the organization/company, like subcontractors, also as processes that are outsourced in their entirety.
The standard also introduces the term “opportunities”, as a replacement aspect within the field of occupational health and safety. This covers issues that transcend the mere elimination or minimization of OHS risks and hazards.
Structure of ISO 45001
- Normative References
- Terms and Definitions
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation
General Requirements – This clause specifies that organization should implement OHSAS to protect human life and business that has to be established, documented, implemented, monitored, maintained and continually improved.
OHSAS Policy – This clause helps the organization to set goals to meet the scope of OHSAS requirements. Also help management to define OHSAS objectives, comply with legal requirements and push the system to protect human life and business.
Operation – This clause helps the management and process owners to have a system that actually drives to define roles, responsibility and authorities to perform the assigned tasks. Once these items are defined Management should drive to ensure the competence, training and communications both internal and external are established to have a smooth drive of OHSAS system.
To be a number one service provider in Management System, Project Management all over the world.
With our team consisting of highly qualified and experienced professionals and that we are ready to confidently handle projects of any capacity and ranging nature. Our experience over all the standards has further equipped us with the sufficient expertise to supply you world-class solutions at any time.
How to get ISO 45001 certification in Kenya – Consultants in Kenya?
Our masters have more than 15 plus years of global experience, with hands-on experience in the field of ISO certification, assessment and training.
With Expert Certifier your Business and process excellence is guaranteed.
Reach us at: contact@ExpertCertifier.com