What is ISO 20000-1?
Designed to assist organizations deliver effective managed IT services to customers and maintain those standards overtime.ISO/IEC 20000-1 certification in california helps organizations efficiently deliver quality IT Service Management through a comprehensive process approach. ITSMS implementation is meant to be bedrock upon which to create continually improving service management systems. It’s fully scalable to organizations large and little or to customers internal and external. Consider the advantages of developing an ITSMS as a part of your organization’s customer satisfaction and business continuity strategies.To know more about ISO 20000-1 certification in california contact@expertcertifier .com
Some of the foremost common benefits of ISO 20000 certification for service providers are that it:
- Offers competitive differentiation by demonstrating reliability and top quality of service.
- Gives access to key markets, as many organizations within the public sector mandate that their IT service providers demonstrate compliance with ISO 20000.
- Provides assurance to clients that their service requirements are going to be fulfilled
- Enforces a measurable level of effectiveness and a culture of continual improvement by enabling service providers to watch measure and review their service management processes and services.
- Establish the scope of service management.
- Define IT service management objectives.
- Determine the required processes.
- Define roles and responsibilities.
- Determine resources and timescales.
- Develop processes for managing risks.
- Develop methods for managing, auditing and improving service quality.
- Implement the service management plan.
- Manage budget and resources.
- Train staff and motivate staff.
- Create documentation and monitor plans, policies, and procedures for the varied processes – all documents are available within the ITSM, ITIL® & ISO/IEC 20000 Implementation Toolkit.
- Treat and mitigate risks.
- Periodically review the management plan.
- Create an audit program.
- Publish a policy that contains a transparent definition of roles and responsibilities for the development of service activities.
- Create a service improvement plan.
- Eliminate non-conformities.
ISO 20000 implementation: Critical success factors
- Team competence: Service management employees got to have a deep understanding of service quality standards and the service management process
- Accountability: Each process has got to have an owner
- Documented policies and processes: Documentation of all activities is completely essential
- Communications: Communication between team members and therefore the processes for communicating are of the utmost importance
- Audits: Perform regular conformance audits and make improvements.
How can ISO 20000 Certification help me to realize business?
Enhanced reputation and perception
You can more easily and quickly meet contractual and tender requirements with less work, a faster response and more certainty of securing contracts.
Notwithstanding all of the processes that require being operational to achieve ISO/IEC 20000 certification, the quality puts great significance upon the management framework and associated activities that require being in place for the whole SMS to be operated, supported and managed in accordance with the mandatory requirements.
This framework includes things such as:
- Management showing their commitment to the SMS;
- Ensuring that appropriate roles, responsibilities and accountabilities are in place;
- Document management and also the control of records;
- Human, technical, informational and financial resources; and
- The mechanisms to plan, implement, monitor and improve the SMS.
There are numerous requirements during this section of the quality, and therefore the work involved in establishing this framework needs careful planning. As is usually the case, ITOs are going to be doing many of the activities required, but likely not everything. Utilize the recommendations detailed within the assessment report back to specialize in the areas needing improvement, but even be cognizant of the other certifications that the ITO or Business may have already got attained. For instance, if ISO 9001 is already in place then look to utilize existing practices (e.g. areas like document management and therefore the customer complaints process) instead of re-invent something from scratch.
Policies and Plans
The Standard also mentions variety of policies and plans that also got to be in place. Two of the key documents that apply to the general SMS are the service management policy and the service management plan. These can become quite detailed, lengthy documents and set the inspiration for the operation and management of the SMS. The service management policy and repair management plan are vital to successful certification, so it’s an honest idea to hunt the recommendation of an experienced consultancy firm who can use proven templates and a wealth of experience to assist you develop this key documentation. Additionally to making sure that the policy and plan are effective, this professional input will save time and energy and accelerate delivery timescales.
Another area during which it’s advisable to hunt expert support is for the event of other policies and evidentiary requirements that are required by the quality, such as:
- Catalogue of services
- Service level agreements
- Availability plans
- Capacity plans
- Complaints procedure
Change management policy
The above list is simply a variety of the things required by the quality and that the auditors are going to be trying to find. All of those are covered during the assessment (discussed within the previous article paper) then any non-conformity that requires addressing will already be understood.
Expert Certifier aims to supply prominence services to the organizations and helps them in constant upgrading of their management structure.
How to get ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 certification in California – Consultants in California?
Our masters have more than 15 plus years of global experience, with hands-on experience in the field of ISO certification, assessment and training.
With Expert Certifier your Business and process excellence is guaranteed.